TCLIP™ THERMALLY BROKEN FACADE SUBSTRUCTURE
Thats a 6.5-10.4% improvement, all the while installing fewer clips and enjoying faster construction.
- Fewer clips - often half the number of clips vs other systems!
- Highest Effective R Value among leading systems.
- Insulation installed easily and completely
- Adjustable for subwall misalignment; corrects poor framing easily.
- No insulation stickpins.
- Simple window, door and edge conditions.
- Thermally broken facade; Compliant with ASHRAE 90.1 2010.
- Non combustible construction.
(source web searches March 2015)
Put a piece of metal in the insulation and it acts like a short circuit, a leak in the boat, an open coat in winter. Thoughts were that it was not too bad. Work by Morrison Hershfield and others proved what it was doing. Its time for change.
The wall on the left shows a horizontal girt through the insulation, and the fact the girt is the same colour as the internal metal means heat is escaping the system.
System on the right is with TcLip and the external metal is cold, as cold as the exterior. No loss.